background

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More About The Lab Ladies

As with every Tuesday, yesterday was my simulation lab class for fundamentals, and again my lab professors were back on the crazy train.... okay well maybe not the crazy train but another one of the rants. So let me set this one up: We're sitting in the classroom, getting ready to go over our study guide, and all of sudden Denise (one of the professors) gets up and starts asking people if they flossed today. Now this goes back to a previous lab which I unfortunately did not report to you. During this particular class, Denise told us about one time she had a client who didn't floss and who also put in his dentures and didn't take them out for three days. The result: After they admitted him they were trying to get the dentures out and ended up pulling out his entire soft palette (sorry for those of you who are a bit squeamish)! So Denise's new thing is pushing flossing.

Now back to yesterday-- After she started individually calling on people to see if they had flossed she then proceeded to hand out floss to those who hadn't flossed yet today. However, a lot of hadn't yet (I like to do mine before bed) so she ran out of floss before she even made it half way around the class. She also made sure to let everyone know that flossing can add seven years to your life! So if your looking for a few extra years grab some floss and get on it! I think the most random part was when she said, "I like flick the stuff on the windshield while I'm driving, I mean that's what it's for right?!" I'm pretty sure we all said "EW!!!" at the same time.

Oh also in lab! So my ear has been killing me off and on for awhile now and last week it was especially bad, almost to the point that I was going to go to the doctor... of course I didn't because I pretty much hate going more than anything. So yesterday Shelan and I were messing around in lab.. surprise right?!... and they had the little ear lights sitting there so we asked Denise when we would get to use those. She said not until next year. Of course we were bummed so she took a second and showed us and while she was look at mine she confirmed that I'm not crazy and not a panzy (like someone said...cough cough.. Brett... Love you!). She said that I have an ear infection but its most likely viral so even if I went to the doctor and they gave me meds it would wipe out all my "friendly" bacteria and then it could just make life worse. So moral of the story: My not-wanting-to-go-to-the-doctors-ness finally paid off! And nursing school is a good investment-- saves money on healthcare!

OMG!! I was looking for a picture to add to this because... well I have been lacking in that department and I found these!! Enjoy :o)


No comments: