background

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So This One Time....

... I fell out of the shower. I mean every once in awhile you get tripped up on that whole side of the tub thing and the events that follow usually end with someone knocking on the door to make sure you're still alive because there is no way that the ear deafening thunder could mean survival! Well yesterday I topped my all time list of falling-out-of-the-shower-ness (and the fact that I even have a list is a statement in and of itself). During the wee hours of the morning I was doing my scrub-a-dub-dub deal and then I finished up and was reaching to grab a towel. After opening the shower curtain I noticed the door was open about a foot and my little four legged friend was sitting on the rug staring up at me. Because I knew that one of the roommates was still home I decided it would be a good idea to close said door in effort to maintain some privacy. In doing so I leaned out of the shower, put my hand on the towel rack and leaned out to close the door. Well mid-lean the towel rack gives out and I fall out of the tub, may have partially landed on the dog (still not sure if I actually did or not, but the little guy is doing just fine), and didn't get door shut. What I did accomplish though was my sprawled out, naked self, face down on the bathroom floor with my legs up still on the edge of the tub. Yeah, definitely not the best position for the whole privacy thing!

So because the roommate was still home, I jumped up really quick, shut the door, and got a towel on because I'm sure my thunderous fall not only woke him up, but possibly the neighbors below and maybe even above... Yes! It really was that loud! In order to keep him from knocking on the door I started making a bunch of noise so that he could tell I had survived the treacherous fall.

I know what you're think now............... What about the towel rack right?? Well fortunately it didn't rip out the wall! the bar just slipped out and I was about to get it back in with no trouble. And me-- Well I'm good to go! A bruise on the knees but I think considering what happened, I'll take a couple bruises! And the dog! Can't forget about him! Well he was acutely traumatized. After the fall he ran over by the sink and just stood there shaking, and wouldn't come near for like five minutes.... but honestly, can you blame him?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ok I fall a lot but have never fallen out of the shower. Although Mario has fallen out of the shower. We were in a hotel and he fell asleep in the shower and then rolled out and landed on the ground. I never woke up. The man snores, so I wear ear plugs...I can say they do their job. However, I was horrified! What if he really had hurt himself!

Anyway, you're a dork.