background

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm Back!

As you all have figured out by now, I'm horrible at this blogging thing. I have good spurts, but those seem to followed by long periods of nothingness. Let's just say life has been crazy! I started nursing school two weeks ago (finally!), then add work to that, and a barrage of family members who decided to take a little vacation up here. Okay, so a hospital stay isn't quite the vacation anyone hopes for but everyone is back home, resting and recuperating... or so I hope!

Now onto the inspiration for my long overdue blogging attempt. I was sitting here watching "A Very Duggar Wedding", and for those of you who haven't had the chance to at least see a commercial about this I'll explain. The Duggar's are the family off TLC's "17 Kids and Counting" (Actually they just had their 18th so maybe they need to change the name of the show?!). Obviously they have A LOT of kids! They are VERY conservative, kids are home schooled, don't watch a lot tv, not too much time on the internet, etc. So this little wedding special was about their oldest son Josh who is getting married. The low down on this: They have yet to kiss and of course no sex. The whole part that got me was the no kissing... seriously??! So during their "courtship" they just hold hands... A LOT! Whatever floats your boat! I'll admit their much stronger people than I am! But onto the point of this! I was watching the show/doing some reading for class tomorrow and then all of sudden a commercial came on. It was the commercial for Plan B! Seriously?!?! Of all the shows to air that commercial during I would say this was definitely the definition of opposites! I think if they ever found this out the Duggar's (and the whole conservative community) would have a coronary! So there is your little laugh for the evening! I think I'm going to hit the sack, but hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this a little more frequently!

Oh! Just found out-- the show is getting changed to "18 kids and counting"

1 comment:

Laura said...

I don't think that commercial was an accident at all. I am glad to see you back though lady...more blogging! I don't care how busy you are.

I did have a friend who was with her fiance for something like three years before they got married. Their first kiss was at their wedding. Kinda sweet but I couldn't do it. They would rub noses and hug a lot...gross