background

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Puppies!

Last night at 6:10pm I saw this gush of fluid come out from behind Lola (who of course was on my bed). At first I thought she had peed on my bed and I was pissed, but then I remembered what I had saw and realized there was no way that could have been pee. Then I looked behind her... Sure enough there was puppy in it's little sack hanging out back there. Wanting this process to happen on the blankets we had bought and set up less than five feet away, rather than on my bed, I had to figure out how to get Lola and the new puppy, that was still attached I might add, over to said blankets. All I can say is thank goodness for nursing school! I grabbed one of the blankets, shoved half it under Lola, rolled her a little bit to pull out the blanket on the other side, and then picked up the blanket and moved her. She laid there for a bit cleaning off this little one and twenty minutes after the first one we had a second one.



By 8:40pm we had two more little ones. I was thinking with the size of Lola and the size of the babies, there was no way anymore could be in there. 

So I moved her once again to crate Brett had cleaned up when he got home, and their permanent location. Not too long later, we had number five make it's appearance. Wanting to eat Brett and I went down stairs and about thirty minutes later Lola was down there. I was very surprised to see her, but I guess I should have figured she would have to go to the bathroom sometime. So she went outside, did her business, and then went back up to her puppies. Thirty minutes later I went up there to check on them again, and as I was moving them around I realized I had moved five puppies and there was still one left... SIX PUPPIES!

So that was our excitement for the night. Lola and the puppies are all doing great! It's amazing how she knew exactly what to do, and she continues to be very attentive to them. It's funny cause she wants to come sit with me like she normally does, but about five minutes later she'll run back and check on the puppies. I'm sure we'll be posting more pictures as they get older but here is some from the last 24 hours. Enjoy!



...Although Boston still isn't too sure about this :O)

No comments: