background

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Created Another Soup Monster!

The Cheesecake Factory has this amazing cream of chicken soup that they only serve on Saturdays. I'm not even a soup person and some how the waitress roped me into trying a bowl a few months back. Since then, I've been hooked. Last week, I was a little overloaded with school and such and called Brett and said I was really in need of a soup date, so we made plans to go that Saturday after he got off work, as we were headed out of town on our way down south for Easter. Unfortunately, last Thursday Brett's Uncle Ron passed so all of our plans were thrown up in the air for a few days. It ended up that we were still going to head south for the weekend but I had totally spaced the soup date until I got this brilliant idea to bring the soup to Brett's dad and grandma on our way through Salem. I made the order right before we left and we swung by on our way out of town to grab it, and then made our delivery. I had also promised Brett's dad and grandma a slice of cheesecake... I mean what else is better to cheer a person up than amazing soup and cheesecake?!? So we make our delivery and sure enough everyone loved the soup, but I didn't realize how much until this afternoon when I got a call from Brett. He had talked to his dad earlier in the day and he was saying how much his grandma couldn't stop talking about how good the soup was and how she wanted some more so she could freeze it. So Brett's dad asked if I could get a bunch more for her. Of course I said yes, but unfortunately for her she's going to have to wait until Saturday to get it (since that's the only day they make it). But I have a feeling I've got another person hooked on this magnificent soup and this won't be the last of our soup deliveries.

No comments: